We want you to love your job! Join our 10-8 Cafe team!
Are you a team player who can handle multiple responsibilities? 10-8 Cafe is looking for an individual who can work in a fast-paced environment to join our team.
At 10-8 Cafe we have a fun culture with flexible work schedules, discounts throughout the facility, recognition, formal training, and career growth opportunities.
We are looking for an ambitious Prep Cook to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes. A great prep cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
Responsibilities for the Mess Corporal (Prep Cook) position include:
- Follows the prep list created by management
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and plate specifications.
- Serves meals or prepares by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, and ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and pleasing to the eye as well as the pallet.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
- Stores or discards food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment, or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators, and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Info & Requirements:
- Competitive Pay
- Prior experience preferred but not required
- No Monday hours
- PTO available depending upon position
- Facility discounts
- Background check to be completed
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, or any other legally-protected status. We encourage and welcome all applicants to apply.