We want you to love your job! Join our 10-8 Cafe team!
Are you a team player who can handle multiple responsibilities? 10-8 Cafe is looking for an individual who can work in a fast-paced environment to join our team.
At 10-8 Cafe we have a fun culture with flexible work schedules, discounts throughout the facility, recognition, formal training, and career growth opportunities.
We are looking for an ambitious cook to prepare delicious meals to our patrons. You’ll prepare food in accordance with applicable federal, state, and business standards, guidelines, and regulations with established policies and procedures. Plus ensure quality food service is provided at all times. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
Responsibilities for the Mess Sergeant (Cook) position include:
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and plate specifications.
- Serves meals or prepares by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, and ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty.
- Uses established ticket collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
- Stores or discards food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat.
- Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment, or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators, and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Info & Requirements:
- Competitive Pay
- Prior experience preferred but not required
- No Monday hours
- PTO available depending upon position
- Facility discounts
- Background check to be completed
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, or any other legally-protected status. We encourage and welcome all applicants to apply.